Where stunning views make your morning, where ayurvedic spas help you unwind in the evening, where royalty reigns supreme and opulence abounds; step aboard The Golden Chariot Train, the pride of the South. A train that needs no introduction, The Golden Chariot train is your ticket to exciting adventures, enriching travels and fond memories. But before you undertake this surreal sojourn, take a look at why this royal train is the pride of South India.
- The Only Luxury Train in South India: While there are a few luxurious tourist trains that traverse through different states of North India, the Deccan remains untouched. Being the only luxury train that connects the popular tourist hotspots of South India, The Golden Chariot Train has always stood out for its unique offerings. The fact that The Golden Chariot’s South luxury train tour is impeccably designed and perfectly executed is just another feather in its golden cap.
- Inspired from South India’s Royal Dynasties: Southern India has a fascinating history spanning over a period of 4,000 years that witnessed the rise and fall of several empires. Keeping the rich heritage and age-old traditions of these powerful dynasties alive, The Golden Chariot Train is like a time machine that transports travellers to that golden age of civilization. The chambers are adorned with intricately carved wall hangings and plush furnishings that pay homage to the wealth and prosperity of medieval South India. Even the names of the train coaches are dedicated to the ruling dynasties such as Hoysala, Sangama, Ganga, Kadamba, Satavahana, Rashtrakuta, Chalukya, Vijayanagara, etc.
- Connects Major Tourist Attractions: Just like the train is decorated with painstaking care and attention to detail, the itinerary has hand-picked destinations and exclusive experiences that every tourist would enjoy. The trains run on three different circuits namely, ‘Pride of Karnataka with Goa (7D/6N)’, ‘Jewels of South (7D/6N)’ and Glimpses of Karnataka (7D/6N)’. Each itinerary has a mix of heritage sites, beautiful temples, nature haunts, cultural performances and exciting activities to offer a holistic experience to the Golden Chariot guests.
- A boost to Tourism in South India: A joint endeavour of The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) and Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC, The Golden Chariot “pride of south“ lures travellers from all over the world to soak in its irresistible blend of age-old culture and modern convenience.
- Offers a Luxurious Escapade to Tourists: There are times when all people want from a vacation is an opportunity to sit back, relax and be pampered throughout the trip. Recognising this need, The Golden Chariot offers a delightful retreat that is equal parts exciting and relaxing. The journey has some truly rejuvenating experiences like nature walks, jungle safaris, heritage trails, backwaters cruise and spa on rails among others. The train itself with its comfortable bedrooms, elegant restaurants and plush lounge bar has been designed as the ideal place to unwind.
- Brings Back Royalty on Rails: Think traditional red carpet welcomes accompanied by live music, garlands, refreshing drinks and the smiling faces of the train’s staff. The warm hospitality with which the Golden Chariot guests are received remains one of the most endearing moments of this journey. But that’s just the beginning. From the expert chef to the dedicated cabin attendant, every member of the crew is trained to make this train journey as comfortable and memorable as possible. So, whether you want to enjoy bed tea or need a wake up call in the morning, every wish will be fulfilled.
Book this incredible South luxury train tour and travel from Bangalore to Bandipur, Bangalore to Hampi, Bangalore to Mysore and other significant destinations across South India in style. Take a look at the upcoming journey dates and package tariff here to plan the vacation of your dreams!
*The above details/itinerary/destination are subject to change. Please refer Golden Chariot’s official website i.e. www.goldenchariot.org for more information.