Since its introduction, The Golden Chariot has caused quite a stir, being South India’s only luxury train. Let’s take a look at some of the exclusive features that make this tourist train in South India such a delight.
- The Interiors: While the train features are modern to facilitate comfort, its interiors pervades a sense of royalty and historic grandeur. There are minute carvings on the wall panels and ceiling, the furniture and decor is stately and ornate, the carpets and draperies are plush and Oriental. After all, The Golden Chariot is not called the most luxurious train in South India for no reason.
- The Names: As you may have guessed, the train is named after the famous Stone Chariot at Hampi in Vitthala Temple. What is interesting to note is that even the train coaches have been named in honour of Karnataka’s ruling dynasties. The elegant train comprises 18 luxury coaches with 11 luxury ac salons and some of their popular names include Hoysala, Chalukya, Sangama, Vijayanagar, Bahamani, Yadukula, Rashtrakuta, Kadamba, Ganga and Satavahana. To add to this aura of history and heritage, the train features a unique logo inspired by a mythological animal that has the head of an elephant and the body of a lion.
- The Welcome: As the entire train is modelled after Indian heritage and traditions, the welcome ceremony’s inspiration can be traced back to the one that was accorded to the royalty of the time. To give you a sense of what awaits you on this royal train, you will be greeted by live Indian classical music, fresh flower garlands, beautifully prepared refreshments, tilaka on your forehead and of course, a red carpet. If you have wanted to feel like a maharaja ever in your life, this is going to be your moment!
- The Indian High Life: Your own private bedroom, world-class food, an ayurvedic spa and world of royal treatment, The Golden Chariot definitely gives you a taste of the Indian high life. Your biggest worries on this elegant & vintage-inspired train will be to choose what to eat or what drink to order next. The glitz and glam you will encounter during this charming train ride will be sorely missed once you return to your everyday routine.
- The Exclusivity: You will be surprised to know that The Golden Chariot is the only luxury train in South India, a position that automatically sets it a class apart. So, if you want to unravel the most coveted destinations of South India such as Bandipur, Mysore, Halebidu, Chikamgaluru, Hampi, Badami, Goa, Mahabalipuram, Thanjavur, Chettinad, Cochin and Kumarakom among others, then a Golden Chariot passage is the way to go! From heritage sites to natural parks, from majestic temples to breathtaking backwaters, a Golden Chariot journey offers the most wholesome South Indian experience. Soak in the unique tradition and culture of each state while travelling in the lap of luxury!
This luxury train in South India has been designed in such a way that you can enjoy the journey as much as the destinations. Despite being one of the most luxurious trains in India, The Golden Chariot is quite reasonably priced so that you can have your dream holiday without worrying about your purse. Want to know how much a golden ticket will cost you? Find it here. And if you’re ready to spend a week away from the cares of the world, then book your tour on South India’s best luxury train here www.goldenchariot.org
A long sojourn, a relaxing staycation or an adventurous holiday, whatever your travel preferences may be, The Golden Chariot Train has South India tour packages that will catch your fancy. The peninsular region of the Indian subcontinent is encompassed by the Indian Ocean in the South, Bay of Bengal in the East and Arabian Ocean in the West. The spectacular coastline, ruins of ancient dynasties, temples with outstanding architecture, breathtaking hills, a varied culture and a wide array of culinary delights come together to make South India such a loved tourist destination. A roaring wildlife scene, an abundance of natural beauty and the architectural marvels dating back several centuries will leave you speechless in this tranquil land. From quaint hill stations to glittering golden sand beaches, South India has something to allure every tourist.
But if you want to truly celebrate life and get the most authentic South Indian train tour, then it is possible only with The Golden Chariot Train. Introduced by IRCTC and Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) in an endeavour to boost tourism in South India, this luxury train has recently been revamped to offer an even more majestic and luxurious experience. Travelling at a soothing pace, you will have the time and luxury to admire the bounties of nature and explore a landscape that is as diverse as beautiful. Three meticulously planned itineraries, ‘Pride of Karnataka with Goa’, ‘Jewels of South’ and ‘Glimpses of Karnataka’, promises a trip of your dreams and beyond that.
- Pride of Karnataka with Goa: Discover unique cultures at every step of the way during this soulful journey across the vibrant states of Karnataka and Goa. Lasting 8 days and 7 nights, this tour is your ticket to explore the best of art and heritage in the culturally rich towns of Mysore, Halebidu, Chikmanglur, Hampi and Badami before surrendering to the beauty of the quintessential haven that is Goa.
- Jewels of South: Showcasing the vibrant history and culture across the serene landscape of South India, this tour is packed with thrill, romance and fun. In a span of just 7 days, you will get to visit tourist attractions of Mysore, Hampi, Mahabalipuram, Thanjavur, Chettinad, Cochin and Kumarakom. This luxury train will take you to the most beautiful corners of South India to provide a one-of-a-kind experience.
- Glimpses of Karnataka: Want a tryst with adventure, romance and glamour? This itinerary is not just a short and sweet way to explore the glorious past of South India but also to satisfy your wandering soul. A thrilling ride of 4 days and 3 nights, it includes sightseeing, day excursions to Mysore Palace &Halebidu, visits to UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Hampi, a game drive in Bandipur National Park, lunches at exclusive venues and lots more. Being a shorter sojourn, it’s easier on the pocket and absolutely perfect for an extended weekend getaway. If you want to take a look at journey dates, exclusive offers and departures, visit https://www.goldenchariot.org/ratesanddates.
This luxury tourist train in India will bring back your love for nature and show you the true beauty and diversity of the South. From coffee plantations to captivating ruins, from historic palaces to pristine beaches, South India has plenty of attractions and hotspots to lure tourists from all over the globe. Ready to book this adventure? Check out all our South India tour packages on the oficial Golden Chariot website and don’t forget to take a look at the offers section and you might find a surprise waiting for you.