Since its introduction, The Golden Chariot has caused quite a stir, being South India’s only luxury train. Let’s take a look at some of the exclusive features that make this tourist train in South India such a delight.
- The Interiors: While the train features are modern to facilitate comfort, its interiors pervades a sense of royalty and historic grandeur. There are minute carvings on the wall panels and ceiling, the furniture and decor is stately and ornate, the carpets and draperies are plush and Oriental. After all, The Golden Chariot is not called the most luxurious train in South India for no reason.
- The Names: As you may have guessed, the train is named after the famous Stone Chariot at Hampi in Vitthala Temple. What is interesting to note is that even the train coaches have been named in honour of Karnataka’s ruling dynasties. The elegant train comprises 18 luxury coaches with 11 luxury ac salons and some of their popular names include Hoysala, Chalukya, Sangama, Vijayanagar, Bahamani, Yadukula, Rashtrakuta, Kadamba, Ganga and Satavahana. To add to this aura of history and heritage, the train features a unique logo inspired by a mythological animal that has the head of an elephant and the body of a lion.
- The Welcome: As the entire train is modelled after Indian heritage and traditions, the welcome ceremony’s inspiration can be traced back to the one that was accorded to the royalty of the time. To give you a sense of what awaits you on this royal train, you will be greeted by live Indian classical music, fresh flower garlands, beautifully prepared refreshments, tilaka on your forehead and of course, a red carpet. If you have wanted to feel like a maharaja ever in your life, this is going to be your moment!
- The Indian High Life: Your own private bedroom, world-class food, an ayurvedic spa and world of royal treatment, The Golden Chariot definitely gives you a taste of the Indian high life. Your biggest worries on this elegant & vintage-inspired train will be to choose what to eat or what drink to order next. The glitz and glam you will encounter during this charming train ride will be sorely missed once you return to your everyday routine.
- The Exclusivity: You will be surprised to know that The Golden Chariot is the only luxury train in South India, a position that automatically sets it a class apart. So, if you want to unravel the most coveted destinations of South India such as Bandipur, Mysore, Halebidu, Chikamgaluru, Hampi, Badami, Goa, Mahabalipuram, Thanjavur, Chettinad, Cochin and Kumarakom among others, then a Golden Chariot passage is the way to go! From heritage sites to natural parks, from majestic temples to breathtaking backwaters, a Golden Chariot journey offers the most wholesome South Indian experience. Soak in the unique tradition and culture of each state while travelling in the lap of luxury!
This luxury train in South India has been designed in such a way that you can enjoy the journey as much as the destinations. Despite being one of the most luxurious trains in India, The Golden Chariot is quite reasonably priced so that you can have your dream holiday without worrying about your purse. Want to know how much a golden ticket will cost you? Find it here. And if you’re ready to spend a week away from the cares of the world, then book your tour on South India’s best luxury train here www.goldenchariot.org