The Golden Chariot, a Karnataka luxury train beyond the ordinary, runs across the beautiful avenues of South India and connects its most splendid tourist attractions. Take a look at all the amazing locations that are a part of the train’s well-planned itineraries namely ‘Pride of Karnataka and Goa (7D/6N)’, ‘Jewels of South (7D/6N)’ and ‘Glimpses of Karnataka (4D/3N)’.
- Badami: An archaeological treasure, Badami is situated amidst the gorgeous setting of rugged red sandstone around the Agastya Lake. The place is well-known for its artfully crafted cave temples. The UNESCO World Heritage Site constituting Aihole-Badami-Pattadakal is the finest example of traditional temple architecture in India.
Popular Tourist Attractions: Badami Caves, The UNESCO World Heritage Site of Aihole-Badami-Pattadakal
- Bandipur: As a stunning tiger reserve nestled in the Nilgiris, the Bandipur National Park is the first biosphere reserve in India replete with an exotic range of endangered wildlife species like elephants, deers, pythons, sloth bears, exotic birds and more.
Popular Tourist Attractions: Bandipur National Park
- Chettinad: The temple town of Chettinad in Tamil Nadu attracts tourists because of its elaborately vibrant culture, ridiculously opulent mansions, palatial homes, magnificent temples and palate-satisfying cuisine.
Popular Tourist Attractions: Athangudi tile factory, Chettinadu mansions
- Chikkamagalur: The ‘Coffee Land of Karnataka’, Chikkamagalur is a gorgeous hill station wafted with a distinct perpetual coffee fragrance that lingers in its refreshing air.
Popular Tourist Attractions: Coffee Plantations
- Cochin: A cosmopolitan port city, Cochin is a gaggle of islands that one can hop to on a ferry. A quaint tourist hub, it has hidden art galleries, bustling shopping hubs, impressive palaces, stunning temples and a few pristine beaches.
Popular Tourist Attractions: Matancherry Palace in Fort Cochin, Chinese Fishing Nets, St. Francis Church
- Goa: Golden beaches, glorious sunsets and antiquated churches, Goa is a lot more than just another hippie haven or a beach getaway. Being a Portuguese territory for almost 450 years, its whitewashed churches, forts and yellow mansions with oyster shell windows make a kaleidoscope of architectural brilliance.
Popular Tourist Attractions: Churches of North Goa and Museums
- Halebidu: A stunning gem of Indian architecture and the erstwhile capital of the Hoysala empire, Halebidu is renowned for its sterling Hoysala architecture, magnificent temple complexes and some stunning Jain sites.
Popular Tourist Attractions: Hoysaleswara Temple
- Hampi: Another popular UNESCO World Heritage Site, Hampi is a delight for historians and backpackers. As the former capital of the Vijayanagar empire around 1500 AD, it is interspersed with ancient monuments, beautifully carved temples and structures bearing testimony to its lost glory.
Popular Tourist Attractions: Hampi Ruins
Popular Tourist Attractions:
- Mahabalipuram: A well-loved tourist destination located on the Coromandel Coast along the Bay of Bengal in Tamil Nadu, Mahabalipuram has an alluring and soothing atmosphere framed with a backdrop of lovely white sandy beaches.
Popular Tourist Attractions: UNESCO world heritage Site – Group of Monuments Shore Temple
- Mysore: The ‘City of Palaces’, Mysore is rife with the history of its dazzling royal heritage, intricately carved monuments, famed silk sarees and the most romantic palace in the country.
Popular Tourist Attractions: UNESCO world heritage Site – Mysore Palace
- Thanjavur: A unique and revered land, Thanjavur boasts of immense cultural wealth and a rich historical heritage. A shopper’s paradise, one can shop for anything here. From famous Tanjore paintings to priceless antiques, and from elegant sarees to a wide range of textiles.
Popular Tourist Attractions: UNESCO World Heritage Site – Brihadeshwara Temple
A trip to these historic heritage sites and natural wonders on a karnataka luxury train is exactly what you need to replenish your mind, body and soul with. Book the ‘Pride of Karnataka and Goa’ tour for an authentic experience of the colourful state of Karnataka on The Golden Chariot train, your exclusive house on rails. Or choose the ‘Jewels of South’ itinerary to explore Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala through an exciting train ride. To book now, click here and unbox a special surprise.
*The above details/itinerary/destination are subject to change. Please refer Golden Chariot’s official website i.e. www.goldenchariot.org for more information.