Embark on a tryst with untamed natural beauty, royal magnificence and rich cultural heritage of Southern India with the Golden Chariot train. Taking guest on a beautiful journey to the splendid South Indian state of Karnataka, this uber-luxury train has been designed to offer a voyage of a lifetime in an informal manner. The Golden Chariot Train route covers 6 splendid destinations under ‘Pride of Karnataka with Goa’ itinerary that will steal your heart and leave you with fond memories to be cherished forever.
Here’s what you cover under the ‘Pride of Karnataka with Goa’ tour of the Golden Chariot:
- Bandipur National Park: Considered to be one of the most beautiful and well-managed national parks in the country, Bandipur is part of Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve which makes it the largest protected area in Southern India. This former hunting ground of the Maharaja of Mysore, a horde of teak and sandalwood trees are responsible for its unique atmosphere. Spot a rare animal in its verdant plains or capture spellbinding snapshots of animal life in all its glory.
- Mysore: A beautiful land of history, Mysore is well-known for its glittering royal heritage, ornate palaces and awe-inspiring monuments. Located at the foot of Chamundi hills, it bears testimony to the grandeur of bygone times as the erstwhile capital of the Wodeyar dynasty. With the perfect amalgamation of age-old traditions and new-age cosmopolitan culture, it has earned the moniker of Karnataka’s ‘cultural capital’.
- Halebidu & Chikamangluru: The regal capital of the Hoysala Empire in the 12th& 13th century, Halebidu is adorned with a gorgeous collection of shrines, temples and sculptures. Its main attraction is Hoysaleswara Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it has been acclaimed as a perfect example of Hoysala architecture. On the other hand, Chikamangluru offers a tranquil retreat with its dreamy landscapes and verdant hills. Ideal for explorers, trekkers, nature enthusiasts and thrill-seekers, this enchanting hill station will leave you awe-struck with its spellbinding beauty.
- Hampi: Located in the shadowed depths of beautiful hills and valleys, this abode of bygone ruins, rusty colours and the fascinating landscape is a delight for travellers. An open museum with treasury buildings, ancient monuments, beautiful temples and the captivating remains of Vijayanagar Empire, this ancient city is a history lover’s dream come true. Embark on an odyssey into the past and watch the legendary tale of Ramayana unfold in the glorious kingdom of Kishkinda.
- Badami, Pattadakal and Aihole: Feel the legends of the mighty Chalukyaempire come alive in this erstwhile capital that houses stunning rock-cut cave temples dating back to the 5th century. This unforgettable heritage trail will take you back in time to the ‘Golden Age’ of art, literature and architecture in South India.
- Goa: Next on the route of The Golden Chariot train is a city that needs no introduction, Goa. It has something special for every kind of traveller. Whether you want to relax on the beautiful beachside or visit stunning structures of Portuguese architecture, this place won’t disappoint you. So, get on The Golden Chariot and rediscover the beauty of India’s favourite tourist destination.
If The Golden Chariot train route map has managed to catch your fancy, then make your bookings today and enjoy exclusive offers. To get more information on The “Golden Chariot train route”, you can visit https://www.goldenchariot.org/