One of the most significant archaeological sites in India, Hampi has caught the fancy of many historians and backpackers. If you wish to undertake a luxury train journey to Hampi, then get onboard The Golden Chariot Train and explore the wonders of South India like never before!
Jewels of South (7 Days/ 6 Nights)
As the name suggests, this mesmerising itinerary takes tourists on a thrilling adventure across some of South India’s most popular destinations. Let’s take a look at these places in a little more detail.
- Bangalore: Starting the train journey from Bangalore, The Golden Chariot Train keeps up a slow rhythmic pace, giving travellers ample opportunity to enjoy the spellbinding views from inside the train.
- Mysore: The first destination on this charming train ride is the historic ‘City of Palaces’, Mysore. With its dazzling royal heritage, intricate architectural monuments and famous silk sarees; it is one of the most interesting tourist sites in India. A must-visit destination is the Mysore Palace, a spectacularly opulent structure displaying Indo-Saracenic architecture. The brilliance of this palace becomes tenfold more exciting during Dussehra celebrations when it is beautifully lit up with lights making for a visual treat. After giving you a fill of this royal paradise, the luxury train journey proceeds to its next destination, which is the UNESCO World Heritage Site of
- Hampi: The former capital of the Vijayanagar Empire, nestled in the depth of hills and valleys, Hampi is bound to capture your attention with its captivating ruins. A walk around this open art museum with its long lost temples, ancient monuments and hidden treasures is a historian’s dream come true. After this walk down an era of glory and grandeur, guests can opt for an excursion to Anegundi followed by a relishing meal on the train or can return to the train to indulge in some me time by either sipping some interesting cocktails in our well-decorated bar Madira or undergoing a refreshing massage at our charming onboard ayurvedic spa- Aarogya.
- Mahabalipuram: On the third day of this beautiful journey, the train reaches Chengalpattu railway station so that guests can visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Shore Temple. This former abode of the demon king Mahabali captures every traveller’s heart with its serene atmosphere, white sandy beaches lined with casuarina trees and the renowned rock-cut temples.
- Thanjavur & Chettinad: Guests can lose themselves in this city of temples and a sea of cultural treasures while walking through the lanes of Thanjavur, admiring the famous Tanjore paintings, antiques, handicrafts, textiles, temples and carnatic musical instruments. The Brihadeswara temple with its gorgeous Dravidian architecture is sure to leave an indelible mark on your travel memories. Chettinad with its larger-than-life mansions and mouth-watering cuisine is equally delightful.
- Cochin: A cosmopolitan town with upscale markets, quiet beaches, art galleries tucked away in corners and magnificent temples, Cochin is the true amalgamation of vintage and modern. Also known as ‘Queen of the Arabian’, it is an important port city. The Golden Chariot Train guests can visit the Mattancherry Palace in Fort Cochin followed by witnessing a wonderful dance performance at an exclusive venue. They can also opt for an excursion to see the famous Chinese fishing nets and St. Francis Church or simply enjoy some quiet time on the train.
- Kumarakom: India’s very own ‘Little Venice’, Kumakarom is a favourite haunt among nature enthusiasts. In the final leg of the journey, guests can retreat in this natural haven and enjoy a cruise on its soothing backwaters. After a fulfilling day of scenic views and pure bliss, the train will proceed towards Bangalore.
If you are an Indian National looking to book The Golden Chariot Train journey, you can also avail 35% off on the published tariff by making direct bookings through the official website. There are special promo offers also up for grabs on the website that you can choose based on your liking. Excited to book this relaxing luxury train journey to Hampi and beyond? Complete your booking for the season 2020-21, 2021-22 or 2022-23 today and redeem exclusive offers. To get your hands on this tour package now, click here.
*The above details/itinerary/destination are subject to change. Please refer Golden Chariot’s official website i.e. www.goldenchariot.org for more information.